Default global address list is not updating
We have another server in the wings waiting to be deployed, but we need to address the problem in the meantime. If it does not, then it is the generation or distribution process that is failing. OWA reflects the information correctly, but Outlook does not. I have tried deleting the OAB files, but when I download the address book, it still has the outdated version.I'm wondering if anyone has anyone has any tips that could help me address this issue. Are you using web or public folder distribution for the OAB? If you are on Outlook 2010, any reason you are still using public folder distribution?Due to various synching schedules, it can take up to 48 hours before you could actually see a change in Outlook after a modification has been made on the Exchange server or in Active Directory.In this guide, the relevant timings are explained and instructions are given in how you can directly force an update and resync, which can be very handy when troubleshooting or when you work in an Exchange environment which sees a lot of user mailbox mutations.I ran the commands you recommended and tried it about 4 hours after that. As another way to troubleshoot the problem, I created a new profile for Outlook.
You can use the Shell to update a global address list (GAL).
I'm having an issue with Exchange 2010 and Outlook 2010. This problem started after we flattened our domain. We migrated all the users from the the sub to the top using the ADMT and then we took down sub. To be sure, does OWA (which uses live information) reflect the GAL correctly? The first thing you should do is on a test workstation, is delete the *files.
Essentially, the issue is the GAL is not updating in Outlook. I looked at the recipient filter of the GAL, it's below for reference: (Alias -ne $null -and (Object Class -eq 'user' -or Object Class -eq 'contact' –or Object Class -eq 'ms Exch System Mailbox' -or Object Class –eq 'ms Exch Dynamic Distribution List' -or Object Class -eq 'group' -or Object Class –eq 'public Folder')) The next thing I'm going to try is creating a new GAL and making it the default, if necessary. That will force Outlook to download a complete GAL. If so, it is probably that the incremental update files haven't updated correctly.
When you have Cached Exchange Mode enabled, Outlook by will by default cache the main Global Address List as well.
This is called the Offline Address Book and is being generated on the Exchange server.
Even though Outlook is the last in the chain, it is often the first level where the troubleshooting takes place as usually this is where the request is coming from.